POSITION TITLE: Corrosion Control Supervisor
Supervises and coordinates the activities of skilled craftsmen who are performing duties involving the application of coating materials (i.e. paint, varnish, lacquer, shellac, etc.), operating sandblasting equipment, and inspecting, maintaining, repairing and painting vehicles.
- Oversees the work of skilled painters, sandblasters, machinists, and body and fender repair mechanics to obtain optimal use of equipment, facilities, and personnel.
- Determines sequence and assignment of work on basis of work priority and quantity of equipment.
- Inspects work performed to ensure compliance with specifications and time schedules.
- Interprets the most complex specifications, drawings, work orders, technical instructions, and layouts.
- Coordinates department activities with other departments.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary actions.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials. Prepares related reports.
- Provides technical guidance/assistance where written guidelines are not available.
- Ensures compliance with administrative policies, procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ensures employees adhere to all safety requirements, procedures, and policies.
- Instructs workers in proper techniques of their given trade.
- Prepares and submits maintenance records and reports.
- Recommends changes to shop procedures as appropriate.
- Complies with and ensures compliance with all MPF ISO policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SPECIAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS/PREREQUISITES:
- Complete the Vehicle Body Repair Course, or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator license.
- Working knowledge of standard surface preparation and coating methods and techniques.
- Working knowledge of the operations and preventive maintenance features of sandblasting equipment and machines.
- Working knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations, and corrosion control operations.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- S. Citizen.
- A combination of college credits, other formalized training or education, and directly related work experience may be considered.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Eight years directly related work experience, including 2 years of direct supervisory experience.
PAY RATE: $50,000 per year