The Driver is responsible for delivering and transporting HVAC freight and materials daily from our one of our established wholesale HVAC distributorships that carries multiple brands of equipment, parts and supplies to customers, vendors and/or internally to other Sales Center locations.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Represent the company as a leader in the industry.
- Daily loading and unloading of products in truck for delivery to customers and/or other Sales
- Collect invoices with proper signatures and return to Sales Center
- Assist in the Warehouse with inventory counts, picking and verifying
- Responsible for daily checklist of truck maintenance and reporting in/out times with merchandise returns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1-year truck driving experience. Box Truck delivery experience
- Must possess a clean driving record with no restrictions, suspensions or DUI convictions in the past 3 years.
- Must be able to pass DOT physical examination requirements.
- CDL license a plus; may be required for operating vehicles assigned to particular sales centers.
- Warehouse experience, including driving a forklift/appliance lift, is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and provide superior service.
- Must possess the attitude of wanting to learn and grow with the Company.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred. Must be 21 years of age or older.
Licensing and Certifications: Valid driver license and/or CDL license
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to stand sit or walk, climb, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may use equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate on all levels within internal and external groups.
- Excellent customer service mindset with the ability to develop long term relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret data
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proactively seeks continuous process and service improvements