The overall objective of this position is to drive pricing, margin and general financial analysis. This role is responsible for driving pricing, margin and general financial analysis. This includes price/product optimization, pricing strategies, revenue management techniques and management reporting. The analyst will also build financial analysis templates and models plus assist with analysis of corporate initiatives.
- Works with the pricing and planning teams to develop, plan and recommend pricing actions that drive additional profit for the company through product, customer or regional pricing projects.
- Supports the pricing team in modeling revenue and margin opportunities.
- Regular pricing and analysis: Perform detailed analysis of product and competitive data to optimize regular prices for merchandising categories.
- Track and measure category performance (sales, margin, etc).
- Promotion pricing and analysis: Coordinate with inventory management, marketing and merchandising to optimize promotions.
- Analyze results and recommend items and prices for future promotions.
- Strategic pricing support: Assists in the development of pricing strategy with the pricing and planning teams. Recommends and enforces pricing policies and strategies to maintain or improve competitive position and/or profitability.
- Tactical pricing administration: Evaluate exception pricing requests to assess reasonableness. Data analysis using Excel and other database tools.
- Strategic pricing projects as identified by Company Leadership.
- Analytical: Combine complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Must be able to implement, monitor sales & marketing programs/promotions successfully by insuring incremental gains from month-to-month and year-to-year.
- Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organization goals; Understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition for threats and opportunities; Adapts to changing conditions.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Analytical and detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience in retail and/or wholesale distribution pricing, merchandising or marketing analysis at both strategic and tactical levels (Preferred but not required)
- Experience in pricing optimization/modeling in retail and/or wholesale distribution environment.
- Knowledge of statistical and pricing models.
- Experience in financial and business analysis including sales & margin Advanced Skill level in Excel and SQL
- Understanding of business intelligence reporting tools. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with sense of personal ownership and ability to “get things done” AS400 knowledge a plus
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently Experience working with and presenting to executives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management