POSITION TITLE: Engineering/Construction Equipment Mechanic
This position performs high level preventative maintenance and repairs to diesel engines and gasoline and diesel driven construction equipment such as tractors, power shovels, road machinery, air compressors, concrete mixers and other engine driven or towed construction equipment. Provides technical assistance, guidance, or training to lower level mechanics and assists higher level mechanics.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Four years of directly related work experience or completion of the Basic Engineer Program Mechanics Course, or equivalent and 2 years of experience.
- Complete the Engineer Equipment Chief Course, or equivalent.
- Must have valid State Driver’s License.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time Schedules applicable to this position.
- S. Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC) and base access.
Maintains, services, inspects and repairs combustion-powered automotive vehicles, over-the-road trucks, and comparable vehicles such as light combat vehicles, and trucks as well as other motor transport equipment. Performs other tasks as assigned.
PAY RATE: $20.56 per hour