POSITION TITLE: Motor Transport Manager
Monitors the performance of the activities of personnel performing automotive mechanic duties such as inspection, maintenance and repair of motor transport vehicles. Has the oversight of the maintenance shop operations to ensure equipment readiness, shop organization, and asset maintenance. Provides high-level technical advice on complex matters relating to motor transport maintenance. Through subordinate supervisors, coordinates the activities of motor transport mechanics engaged in repairing, adjusting, servicing, and storing motor vehicles to obtain optimal use of equipment, facilities, and personnel. Reviews and analyzes expenditure, financial, and operations reports to determine requirements and makes recommendations to management that will improve overall efficiency. Through subordinate supervisors, ensures all completed work is in compliance with specifications and time schedules. Provides the formulation of administrative and operations policies and procedures and ensures compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and government regulations. Provides technical guidance/assistance and makes decisions where written guidelines are not available. Plans and manages human resource activities within assigned area of responsibility, and within an organized labor-union environment. Assist in recruiting and hiring employees. Supervises direct reports. Maintains established performance objectives/goals. Assist in monitoring employee progress against goals. Determines promotions, transfers or other related transactions. Maintains MPF ISO policies and procedures and ensures on-going compliance with such. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have be able to obtain/maintain CAC card and base access.
- BS degree in mechanical engineering or other related discipline. In lieu of a degree, an equivalent combination of college credits, other formalized training or education, and directly related work experience.
- Ten (10) years of directly related work experience in a maintenance/logistic environment.
- Six (6) years of supervisory experience in a maintenance / logistic environment.
- Completion of the Basic Engineer Course.
- U.S. Citizen
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Global Combat Support System (GCSS)
- Working knowledge of EXCEL/ACCESS software.
PAY RATE: $80,000 – $85,000 based on education and experience