POSITION TITLE: RN (Registered Nurse) On-Hand
Candidate will need to obtain a CAC card within professional limits. Provides health care in emergency situations and routine health care to personnel on the Marine Corps Prepositioning Program (MCPP). Promotes health awareness and conservation through training, screenings, and individualized counseling.
- Associates Degree or equivalent in nursing; behavioral, physical, or biological sciences related to nursing or public health and appropriate licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- A minimum of one (1) year of industrial nursing experience and one (1) year of hospital, public health, emergency, or psychiatric nursing experience. (Approved training in the field of occupational health nursing may be substituted for part or all of the industrial nursing experience requirement.)
- Working knowledge of general office and administrative procedures.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- Must have be able to obtain/maintain CAC card and base access.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides emergency first-aid and medical services; treats burns, abrasions, and minor dislocations; applies splints and bandages; removes superficial foreign bodies from eyes, etc. for personnel who are injured or otherwise become ill while on Company premises.
- Develops, organizes, implements, and as required, conducts training and screening programs that promote employee interest in personal health care or provides detection of medical problems.
- Schedules and assists with physical examinations and special health evaluations of applicants and employees.
- Provides counseling or referral on a wide range of health problems to employees and/or supervisors; participates in recovery program; detects problems, provides medical advice, and counsels employees who need assistance to remain in the work environment.
- Maintains professional contacts through professional associations, continuing education courses, and seminars in order to be aware of agencies and publications which are potentially beneficial to employees; provides and maintains a reference file of medical literature for distribution to MCPP program personnel.
- Interfaces with the Safety Department to ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected; provides guidance to the Safety Department and Safety Committee on medical matters.
- Administers the daily routine and maintenance of the health facility, maintains and updates complete medical records and filing system.
- Composes and types correspondence and standard or special reports.
- Complies with all applicable MCPP ISO-9001 policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PAY RATE: $30.04 per hour plus $4.54 per hour SCA Wage.