POSITION TITLE: Shipboard Mechanic (Engineer Equipment)
Performs high level preventative maintenance and repairs to diesel engines and gasoline and diesel driven construction equipment such as tractors, power shovels, road machinery, air compressors, concrete mixers and other engine driven or towed construction equipment. Provides technical assistance, guidance, or training to lower level mechanics and assists higher level mechanics. Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Four years directly related work experience.
- Related military (MOS qualified as a mechanic Marine Corps 1341 or Army 62B) or civilian training (2-years vocational program) with ASE certifications.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Valid States Driver’s License
- Able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- S. Citizen.
- Must have a valid passport to start employment.
- Must pass a comprehensive physical examination (Military Sealift Command Standards) drug screening, and detailed background investigation.
- Complete the Basic Engineer Program Mechanics Course, or equivalent.
- Complete the Engineer Equipment Chief Course, or equivalent.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- Must maintain a valid passport.
- Must obtain a Secret Security Clearance.