POSITION TITLE: Surge Support Com Sec Tech
Installs, tests, and repairs multichannel communications equipment used for high capacity, point-to-point communications. Provides technical assistance, guidance, or training to lower level repairers and assists higher level repairers. Performs other tasks as assigned.
- AA degree in electronics or equivalent certification from a technical/vocational school.
- FOUR years of directly related work experience. Complete the Multi-channel Equipment Technician Course or equivalent.
- Complete the Technician Theory Course or equivalent.
- Minimum of one-year high school algebra, or equivalent.
- In lieu of a degree a combination of college credits, other formalized training or education and directly related work experience may be considered.
- Basic knowledge of electronic circuitry, electronic principles and formulas, and their practical application to the systems repaired.
- Ability to apply knowledge of wiring diagrams, schematics, technical orders, and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- Must maintain a valid passport.
- Travel required up to 70% of the time.
- Must be deployable within 72 hours.
- S. Citizen.
- The hourly rate of pay for this classification will be $25.58 and the deployment rate of pay will be $27.58