POSITION TITLE: Electronic Equipment Repair Mechanic
Performs duties involving the assembly, fabrication, troubleshooting, testing, repair, modification, and general maintenance of electrical equipment or components which have typically been removed from ships, ground support equipment, and tracked or wheeled heavy duty vehicles. Provides technical assistance, guidance, or training to lower level mechanics and assists higher level mechanics. Performs other tasks as assigned.
- AA degree requiring a minimum of 500 hours of instruction or equivalent. This knowledge may be obtained by a combination of on-the-job training and/or formalized technical schools.
- Five years of directly related work experience.
- Complete the Basic Electrical Equipment Repairman Course, or equivalent.
- Complete the Advanced Military Maintenance School, or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical circuitry, electrical principles and formulas, and their practical application to the equipment and systems repaired.
- Knowledge of electronic circuitry and theory and general mechanical skills and knowledge.
- Ability to apply knowledge of wire color codes, symbols, layout sheets, wiring diagrams, schematics, technical orders, and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Must possess valid State Driver’s License.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- S. Citizen.
PAY RATE: $20.56/hr.
Note: Rate will increase to $21.38/hr. Effective 1 Jul 20