POSITION TITLE: Electronic Technician
Performs duties involving the installation, maintenance and modification to single-channel and multi-channel electronic systems. Provides technical assistance, guidance, or training to lower level technicians and assists higher level technicians. Performs other tasks as assigned.
- AA degree in electrical engineering or related discipline.
- Five years of directly related work experience.
- Complete the Radio Technician Course and the Technician Theory Course.
- Minimum of 1 year of high school algebra.
- In lieu of a degree a combination of college credits, other formalized training or education and directly related work experience may be considered.
- In-depth working knowledge of electrical circuitry, electrical principles and formulas, and their practical application to the systems repaired.
- Working knowledge of electronic circuitry and theory and general mechanical skills and knowledge.
- Ability to apply working knowledge of wire color codes, symbols, layout sheets, wiring diagrams, schematics, technical orders, and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- U.S. Citizen
PAY RATE: $24.58/hr.
Note: Rate will Increase to $25.56/hr. Effective 1 Jul 20