POSITION TITLE: Surge Support Mechanic (Automotive)
Maintains, services, inspects and repairs combustion-powered automotive vehicles, over-the-road trucks, and comparable vehicles such as light combat vehicles, and trucks as well as other motor transport equipment. Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Certificate from a vocational school or other recognized source with a major study in electrical or automotive repair is preferred.
- Five years directly related work experience.
- In lieu of formal course work, a combination of college credits, on-the-job training, other formalized training, or experience may be considered.
- Completion of the basic automotive mechanics course, or equivalent.
- Completion of the automotive organizational maintenance course, or equivalent.
- Completion of the automotive intermediate maintenance course, or equivalent.
- Completion of the advanced motor transport maintenance courses.
- Must maintain a valid passport.
- Possess a valid State Motor Vehicle Operator License.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- Travel required up to 70% of the time.
- Must be deployable within 72 hours.
- S. Citizen.
- The hourly rate of pay for this classification will be $21.07 and the deployment rate of pay will be $26.61.