POSITION TITLE: Surge Support Mechanic (Engineer Equipment)
Performs high level preventative maintenance and repairs to diesel engines and gasoline and diesel driven construction equipment such as tractors, power shovels, road machinery, air compressors, concrete mixers and other engine driven or towed construction equipment. Provides technical assistance, guidance, or training to lower level mechanics and assists higher level mechanics. Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Five years of directly related work experience.
- Complete the Basic Engineer Program Mechanics Course, or equivalent.
- Complete the Engineer Equipment Chief Course, or equivalent.
- Must maintain a valid passport.
- Must have valid State Driver’s License.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- Travel required up to 70% of the time.
- Must be deployable within 72 hours.
- S. Citizen.
- The hourly rate of pay for this classification will be $21.56 and the deployment rate of pay will be $26.61.