POSITION TITLE: Surge Support Mechanic (Ordnance)
Performs basic automotive mechanic duties incident to inspection, maintenance, and repair of the Ordnance family of vehicles, (LAV, AAV, M1A1, AVLB and Towed Artillery) which are diesel powered vehicles having utility systems or special hydraulic, pneumatic or mechanical systems features, and controls designed combat, logistical or other special applications. Provides technical assistance, guidance, or training to lower level mechanics and assists higher level mechanics. Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Five years of directly related work experience.
- Complete the Light Armored Vehicle Repairman Course; or equivalent.
- Knowledge of how engines, hydraulic systems, transmission, and other parts and systems work.
- Ability to detect faulty items, determine cause of malfunction, and determine best repair methods.
- Ability to assemble, disassemble, repair, or modify components and systems.
- Ability to read and interpret parts lists, manufacturers’ repair manuals, diagrams, and electrical schematics.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of operation and required repairs of all components and sub-components to include, the Hull, Suspension, Engine, Transmission, Turret, crane, winches, and sub-components.
- Working knowledge of requisitioning requirements utilizing appropriate Stock List, Parts Manuals, etc.
- Knowledge in the proper utilization of test equipment, diagnostic equipment, and special tools to cause repairs.
- Must maintain a valid passport.
- Possess a valid State Motor Vehicle Operator License.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- Travel required up to 70% of the time.
- Must be deployable within 72 hours.
- S. Citizen
- The hourly rate of pay for this classification will be $21.88 and the deployment rate of pay will be $26.61